Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Viva "Le Beak!"

Happy May!  May is the month that your's truly was born so im always like a little kid when may rolls around.  Goofy i know, but hey its the little things internet, the little things.  Anyhoo, its been a bit since my last post and im looking to change that, ive just been super swamped.  I shot an amazing wedding on the 23rd and im still editing from that so thats been keeping me extremely busy.  I should be blogging that in the next week or so, so be on the look at!  I have however been making time to climb of course, and last week we (dana jpru and I )went to a bouldering area in northwest Arkansas called fountain red, and went to a sport climbing area called the invasion.  The actual sport climbing area was pretty burly and intimidating, It was a very steep wall with some roofs, and i was very very reluctant to try anything.  I ended up hopping on a 5.12d which was pretty fun (and difficult) but scary.  Id say that the scariest part though, was knocking a small wasp nest off of the first anchor.  I bailed off of the route more than once when that dude came back around haha!  Scary!

In other news ive decided once again that i have no idea what im doing with my life, which is super awesome, considering im turning 24 and all and im sure all the people i grew up with probably have houses and careers by now.  Thats the one problem with being ambitious is that it either works out big, or not at all, and you end up feeling like you are wasting away.  Ive been trying to keep it out of my mind because it just gets me really down, but sometimes i cant help it.  The acting thing has been pulling at me hard again, but it just isnt possible right now, so ill just bide my time.  Climbing is the one thing that takes my mind off of literally EVERYTHING so i love the escape i get every now and then, but i wish it could be more.  Anyways check out some photos we got from the other day.  This is a problem in fountain red called "Le Beak"  Its a V4 and its super fun.  We all 3 got on it and i snapped some shots.  I havent done much bouldering outside and its COMPLETELY different than bouldering inside.  Quite humbling in fact because i totally suck outside.  The area was beautiful though and im mad at myself for not carrying my camera all day because i definitely missed some amazing stuff.  Heres also a short video i made of my buddy Jpru on le beak.  He was being a total weenie on the top out so i chose the music accordingly.  Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment